I am so glad that I decided a couple of months back to list out my goals every month. This has really helped me be accountable and help achieve my goals. I really suggest that you start listing out your goals and updating your progress every month.
Sometimes it doesn’t seem like you are accomplishing much when you just think about your goals, but listing them out ensures that you don’t forget about goals from month to month.
Anyway, I feel that I have really made some significant progress on my goals this past month!
MY BLOGGING GOALS:
- Publish one post every day this year. I have still been going strong on this one. I have published one post a day for the whole year so far. We are trying to purchase a new house (more on this later), so I will have a very busy month coming up, so I am trying to get posts scheduled in advance so I can keep up with my goal. I am trying to get some guest posts lined up to help take the load off me a little. If for some reason I can’t get enough posts scheduled, I will make time to write and back date the posts and upload them once I have internet access again.
- Write every day. Just like last month, I don’t always get to write every day, but I really try to write or at least think about the blog and come up with a few more post ideas. Some days are harder than others, but I have a lot of great post ideas lined up throughout the year. I already have my editorial calendar planned for June, and most of July and August filled out, with a few posts scattered throughout the rest of the year.
- Try to be a week ahead of schedule. I wanted to be a week ahead of schedule for anything that may come up that might prevent me from writing, like moving. As of scheduling this post, I am just a week ahead, which is nice, but I don’t know how long I will be without internet access once we start moving, so I really would like to be 2 weeks ahead. Then when all those posts are used up, I will have to work hard to get ahead again.
- Always be on the lookout for post ideas. I still need to be better at this one. As I mentioned, I have a lot of posts lined up, but it takes a lot of posts to publish one post a day for a whole year (366 this year to be exact). While I have enough post ideas to publish every day until about the middle of August, so I still have a lot of work to do. I am always trying to look for ideas, so if you would like to see something on the site, let me know!
- Write down post ideas. Just like last month, I am not very good about this when I am working or when I am not around my computer. I really need to get better at this because I had a great idea for a free guide for you all, but I didn’t write it down so I forgot it, until just recently (more on this later).
- Accept guest posts. I had a couple of guest posts and sponsored posts this month, which has helped take the load off of me a little. I also have several guest posts offer outstanding, we will see if they come through. Hopefully they do and next month I can say that I have been doing a great job at this!
- Write more guest posts. This is another area that I have been doing better this month. I have written a couple of guest posts and had them published. This month may not be a good with everything else going on, but I hope by the end of the month to be back on a routine and start guest posting more regularly.
- Mastermind group goals. In May I became part of a mastermind group. This is a small group of small business owners, all women, and we meet monthly to help each other learn and grow our business. It is a lot of work because it includes networking with other bloggers (which I do anyway), but there are weekly things we do such as interacting on our Facebook group page and reading books that will help us grow our businesses. It is a little extra work, and it lasts for a year, but I know that it will be worth it in the end.
- Read book. This goes along with the goal right above, but every month in the Mastermind group we read a book to help us grow our business or help us personally. I hope to be able to actually finish each of these books in their entirety because only reading half the book won’t help much.
- Set up a free item for signing up for email updates. One goal I have is to grow my email list. I think I have done great so far because I have over 60 email subscribers, but I know that when given a free item, people are more likely to sign up. I have an idea to come up with a guide to things you should do with your family to enrich everyone’s lives, but I have to put it together and set it up. It will take some time and take time away from blogging, but in the end I think it will be worth it. I can work on this some without internet, so if I get all the posts scheduled that I would like I plan to work on this when I have time while I don’t have internet.
This month has been an amazing month with visitors. I hope that I am able to keep up the momentum and keep having more and more visitors to the site every month.
MY PERSONAL GOALS.
I have listed out my personal goals as well because I know that this will help me stay accountable for them as well.
- Lose 60 pounds. Last month I thought I was doing great, then with everything else going on this month I am now back at my starting weight. You can read more about why this has happened in my May weight loss update post.
- 366 miles this year. Just like last month, I am well on my way to achieve this goal and then some. In May, from May 1st to May 25th, I have ran or walked 51.47 miles, meaning that for the year I am already at 298.73 miles for the year. Last month I walked or ran more miles than the previous month, so I hope to keep that trend going and continue to move more every month. I know that I will reach my goal of 366 miles, and I may even decide to double that for the year. Again, I only included days where I have walked or ran at least 1 mile.
- Run a 10 minute mile. So I haven’t made any progress on this one because my treadmill is currently out of commission. I hope once we get moved into the new house I can start working on this more.
- Eat out less. We have been eating out more this month because of everything going on while we are trying to get ready to move and get our house ready to be sold. I talked about this in my May weight loss update post, but when we move, I know we won’t be eating out as much because there isn’t a fast food place within half an hour.
- Save money for a down payment on a house. We have been working on this one for a while, and we don’t really have to worry about it too much now. We have all the money we need for our down payment and closing costs on the house with a little extra to help us get a few things for the house. As long as everything goes as planned, next month I should be able to remove this goal as we are not moving again!
- Pay off credit cards. All of our credit cards are officially paid off except for a few purchases that I have made online, but I have the money and the card will be paid off once I get the bill. Next month, this goal will be able to be removed as well.
- Finish our basement. Our basement is almost finished. Honestly, we should be able to have it pretty much done within the next couple of weeks. We have the bathroom finished and the plumbing done and sink in. I have been painting, and I am almost done with that. I have to finish painting the steps (about half done), one wall of the bathroom still needs done, and we need to get the trim up around the bathroom door. We have to get the ceiling tiles in on the laundry room side and do the floor in the bathroom. Once that is all done all that is left is the flooring for the rest of the basement, which can’t be done until we have everything out of the basement. It may seem like there is a lot to do, but we have a lot finished and it is nice to finally feel like we are over the biggest hurdle.
- Sell our current house. We haven’t listed the house for sale yet, but getting the basement finished is a huge step in the right direction because we can’t sell the house in the current condition. I would like to have this house on the market by July and sold by November (maybe too ambitious?).
- Publish 6 books. Well, not so sure how this one is going to go. I have published 2 so far, and the third is in progress but I haven’t had a lot of time to work on it, and I don’t see a lot of time in the near future. Once everything has settled down I will have to plug on with this one.
- Sell 1200 books. Well, I have sold a whole whopping 7 books this year. No where near where I wanted to be at this time. Hopefully things pick up if we can write a few more books. You can always help a girl out and check out the books on the side bar. They are available on Kindle, and the Kitchen hacks book is available on Nook and Kobo as well.
- Move. This is a new goal this month because hopefully we will be moving in the next couple of weeks. I hope to have everything moved by the end of the month. That is what I plan to do with the majority of my time while I am without internet access and off work. I have started packing a few things, but I also don’t want to get too much packed in case things fall through.
I have a lot planned for the rest of the year and I know that I can achieve all my goals with persistence.
Are you achieving your goals? How are you doing? Any goals that you have been able to remove because you completed them? Have you added any new goals?