I have said before how I really am glad that I share my goal progress updates every month. It keeps me accountable and I really enjoy it. It is interesting to go back every month and see how much progress I have made. It will be really interesting to go back at the end of the year and see the progress!
This month has been a so-so month with making progress because of everything going on with trying to buy a house. I am really ready for the whole process to be over and to move into our dream home! Anyway, even though it wasn’t the best month for goal progress, I did still make some progress.
MY BLOGGING GOALS:
- Publish one post every day this year. Whoot whoot! I am still doing great at this and so far I have published one post a day for half the year! That’s amazing! What’s better is I have finally reached a point where I am way ahead of schedule, but more on this later.
- Write every day. I haven’t been able to write every day, but I come pretty close. With the move and everything else going on though, I am amazed at how much I have been able to write! While I am moving though I may not be able to write as much since I won’t have internet. I do have a plan though to write up a free guide while I don’t have internet, so I will still try to write a little.
- Try to be a week ahead of schedule. Last month I mentioned how I would like to be 2 weeks ahead of schedule because I will be moving and I don’t know how long I will be without internet. I still want to be able to publish one post a day while I am without internet. I am glad to say that I am officially 2 weeks ahead of schedule with a few straggling posts scheduled throughout July. I have a couple of guest posts and I don’t want to pile them up all together. Either way, I am glad that I am ahead of schedule and it really does take a lot of pressure and stress off of me.
- Always be on the lookout for post ideas. I am still working on this one. I need a lot more ideas for posts and I need to do a lot better job of thinking of and finding great post ideas. I signed up for ProBloggers list of 180 post ideas, and I am trying to use some of them when I can, but they don’t all fit in with the blog. I need to look around for some more. I am always open to hearing what you all want to know about! Do you have a burning health question you want answered? Let me know and I may answer it on the blog (you can stay anonymous if you want).
- Write down post ideas. Again, I am really bad about this. I need to get better at this. I know I say this every month and that is because I really am bad about writing down the ideas I come up with. If I could write them down then maybe I wouldn’t have to worry so much about the rest of the year’s posts because I would have enough to finish out the year!
- Accept guest posts. I have been doing better with this one this month. I have had several offers and have a few posts scheduled. It has been nice because with the move coming I have been able to schedule a lot of posts ahead of time and I haven’t had to worry about writing them all. It has been nice, and I am glad to help other bloggers get exposure.
- Write more guest posts. As you can imagine, I have not been very good about writing guest posts this month. I have been too busy trying to get my own blog set up and far enough ahead of schedule for when I move. I just haven’t had a chance to write any additional posts. I really do hope that once I am moved and have internet again I can work on writing more guest posts. If you run a blog and would like a guest post hit me up! Not sure when I will get to it, but I will, promise!
- Mastermind group goals. In May I became a part of a Mastermind group, but unfortunately the other ladies in the group had too many other commitments and the group no longer exists. I have decided to go ahead and try to still read the books because they will help me with my goals. That means one book a month for the next 12 months! I will try to let you know what books I read and how they affected me and my goals. No reason I shouldn’t at least try to get something out of the group, right?
- Read books. As I mentioned above, I still want to read the books related with the mastermind group. We each picked 3 books that we thought would help grow us either professionally or personally. We had a list and I plan to still try to read them all this year because there is no reason I can’t try to learn something new. So far I have read 2 out of 12 books. Also, as I mentioned, I plan to let you know how each of these books has helped me, or if they have been a waste of time.
- Set up a free item for signing up for email updates. I want to grow my email list and I know that having a free item available for download is one way to gain readers. One of the books I read has helped me to learn how to set this up and why I need to do it. I want to write up something to help everyone grow their family and be closer as a family because I find that this is often a huge challenge in today’s technology centered world.
It has been a crazy month with everything going on, but somehow I have still managed to get ahead and make some progress with my goals. Imagine what I can do this month once things slow down!
MY PERSONAL GOALS.
I have listed out my personal goals as well because I know that this will help me stay accountable for them as well.
- Lose 60 pounds. I haven’t done my weight loss post for June yet, it will be published in a couple of days, but I can tell you that it’s not good. Along with everything being crazy I haven’t been eating as healthy as I should. This month has been stressful with trying to purchase a house and getting another house ready to sell. In getting the house ready to sell we are finishing the basement, our garage door opener (only two years old) decided to quit working and our dishwasher stopped working. Could anything else go wrong? With all this going on it has been stressful. Having a dishwasher is very convenient, and because of this I have avoided making anything that requires a lot of prep because I don’t want to have to wash dishes. That means we haven’t been eating healthy. Either way, I haven’t made any progress towards my goal of losing weight. I am hoping this gets better once things slow down.
- 366 miles this year. As of writing this on June 17th, I have walked 30.51 miles so far this month, putting me at 342.63 miles for the year. The rate I am going I will be able to hit my goal of 366 miles by the end of the year. I think I am going to double my goal for the year and hopefully the next 6 months are better than the last 6 months. I am so happy that I am doing so well with this goal and that I am able to go above and beyond my original goal.
- Run a 10 minute mile. I mentioned this last month, but because of everything going with the basement remodel, I don’t have a way to run on my treadmill at the moment. I don’t have a place to plug it in since the electric is being redone and because my drying rack for my clothes had to be taken down I am using my treadmill for now. Once we get moved I hope to be able to start running again. It would be easier if there were a place around where I could run but all I have is the road. Unfortunately all my spare time is being spent working on the house or packing, so no working out happening here. It will get better though!
- Eat out less. I have been doing a little better at this for the past month, but I could be doing better. Even though I am not eating out less, because of everything else going on I haven’t been making the healthiest of foods, though I know it is healthier than eating fast food all the time. Again, if we ever get moved to the new house this will change because there won’t be any fast food places around.
- Finish our basement. Well last month I said that I thought we could get the basement finished in just a couple of weeks, and while that was the case, there have been a lot of things going on that have taken precedence. I have been working on the weekends, so we have only had about one day a week to work on the house and we have had issues with a dishwasher and garage door opener that took up our time.
- Sell our current house. We still haven’t listed the house for sale, but we are working on getting it fixed up. I still would like to sell the house by November, so we need to get it on the market ASAP.
- Publish 6 books. Still not sure how this is going to go. I haven’t been able to work on the book for a while because of everything going on. I am beginning to think I won’t be able to get that many published because I would have liked to have 3 published by now.
- Sell 1200 books. We have still only sold 7 books, so I need to get busy working on this one a little more. Feel free to check my books out on the sidebar.
- Move. Well last month I thought I would have moved by now, but I guess not. My goal for July is to get moved and have everything put away by the end of the month. As long as our closing date doesn’t get changed again I should be able to accomplish this one, currently we are set to close by the end of June.
I have made some great progress on my goals and I have been able to even remove some of my goals because I accomplished them. I need to start thinking about what additional goals I will add to my list.
What goals do you have? Have you accomplished any of them in the past month?