Today I have Nikki from FrugalMomClub.com to review the HALO SleepSack. Take it away Nikki!
I am using the HALO SleepSack for my youngest daughter. I used a similar swaddle blanket for my second daughter, but it doesn’t come close to matching the qualities of the HALO SleepSack. Avery loves her SleepSack. She knows that when we bathe and change her clothes/diaper and then put her SleepSack on that it is time for bed. It is a good indication to wind down. After we nurse, it is time for bed.
SleepSacks provide a safe and comfortable environment for your baby. HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first and foremost. When I first had Avery in February, our hospital had transitioned to using the HALO Safer Way To Sleep program, so every baby was swaddled in the HALO Sleepsack Swaddle. In 2008 when I had our middle daughter, Caroline, the hospital was still using bulky blankets to swaddle the babies. In fact, over 1,300 hospitals use HALO SleepSack wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way To Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks, SleepSack Swaddles, and SwaddleSure, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
Swaddling can help soothe a crying or fussy baby and even helped Avery sleep longer when I first brought her home from the hospital. She didn’t jump and startle when she was securely bundled. Another added perk was that she didn’t scratch her face because her arms were positioned inside the flaps.
Babies cannot regulate their body temperature in the same way that adults do. The fabrics used by HALO help to keep your baby warm, and by having arm holes keeps your baby from overhearing as well.
HALO SleepSacks have some new designs for the Spring – and they are SO CUTE! My favorite has got to be the HALO Cupcakes. I think the SleepSack Swaddles are a great start for any baby. They are great for giving your baby the feeling of being back in the womb – which helps them to sleep better. They are not only super soft, but they are easy to use. Just put them over your baby’s regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets. I love that HALO SleepSacks unzip from the bottom allowing baby to stay swaddled for easy diaper changes. Their sleeveless design reduces the risk of overhearing and the remainder of the sack has plenty of room for kicking, without being kicked off, so that your baby will stay warm throughout the night. With the SleepSack Swaddle you can wrap your baby with arms in or out – whichever your baby prefers.
This is a great feature for transitioning your baby from swaddling into a regular HALO SleepSack. Purchase your HALO SleepSack and SleepSack Swaddle new prints at Amazon.com, www.babiesrus.com, or www.HALOsleep.com.
Below are some Safe Sleep Tips right from HALO themselves:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib, bassinette or co-sleeper that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce a pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been well established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins, etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
- Never use wedges or positioners to prop your baby up or keep her on her back.
Have you ever used a HALO SleepSack? If so, what is your favorite feature?
I was not compensated for this review and all opinions are my own.
Enter below! To be fair you can only win one set, so there will be three winners. Please enter to win the color you want as we only have one of each. The winners will be announced on August 1st, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize, otherwise, someone else will be given a chance to win. Thank you in advance for entering!
This guest host review was provided by Nikki. Nikki is a full-time working mom of three very active girls and military/firefighter wife. She is an avid couponer and deal hunter. She shares her deal finds and reviews of her favorite products on her blog at www.FrugalMomClub.com.