**This is a sponsored post, meaning I was paid to write a post about the products mentioned. I agree with the statements that are made though and I do not promote any products that I do not agree with.**
When it comes to health it can be hard to find natural products to improve your health and wellness. I am all for finding natural ways help improve your health, and that is why I love Essential Oils. I have written about one of the Essential Oils that I have used in the past, but today I thought I would share with you the top 5 Essential Oils that everyone should invest in.
- On-Guard Protective Blend – This oil includes wild orange peel, clove bud, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus leaf, and rosemary leaf essential oils. This oil helps support a healthy immune system and respiratory function*, protects against environmental threats*, and promotes healthy circulation*, among other benefits. When used in a diffuser, On-Guard helps purify the air and can be energizing and uplifting. You can use this Essential Oil in a diffuser, you can dilute one drop in 4 ounces of liquid, or you can place one to two drops in any desired area, usually the feet (see below). If you have sensitive skin you can dilute it with Fractionated Coconut Oil (see below for more details). For more information or to purchase, visit DōTerra.
- Breathe Respiratory Blend – With a fresh airy scent, this oil contains laurel leaf, eucalyptus leaf, peppermint plant, melaleuca leaf, lemon peel, ravensara leaf, and cardamom seed Essential Oils. The primary benefits of this oil include maintaining feelings of clear airways and easy breathing, helps promote a restful night’s sleep, and helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats. You can diffuse this one or place it on your chest, for sensitive skin, dilute it with Fractionated Coconut Oil. If you would like to purchase this on, visit DōTerra.
- DigestZen Digestive Blend – Ginger roots, peppermint plant, caraway seed, coriander seed, anise seed, tarragon plant, and fennel seed Essential Oils make up this helpful blend. Just as the name suggests, the digestive blend helps with digestion*, soothes occasional stomach upset*, and helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion. This one can be diffused, ingested by diluting 1 drop in 4 ounces of liquid, or applied to your stomach area. Again, if you have sensitive skin, dilute the oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil. To purchase or for more information visit DōTerra.
- Lavender – The only oil included in this one is lavender, but it has so many uses. The most known use for lavender is to help you sleep better, but it’s so much more than that. Lavender can help with occasional skin irritations, help ease tension*, and when taken internally can help reduce anxious feelings and promote peaceful sleep*. This oil can be diffused, diluted in fluid and taken internally, or applied directly to your feet (dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil if you have sensitive skin). Another great way to use this one is to dilute it in water and spray on your pillow. Visit DōTerra for more information or to purchase.
- Frankincense – This one is simple, just like the lavender, it is not a blend, it is just frankincense. This is considered one of the most prized and precious of the Essential Oils. Frankincense helps promote healthy cellular function*, promotes feelings of relaxation, and helps reduce the appearance of scars and other skin imperfections. Again, this one can be diffused, diluted in liquid and drank, or applied directly on the skin (dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil if you have sensitive skin). Visit DōTerra for more information or to purchase.
Just a few more things that you should know about Essential Oils before using them. The oils are highly concentrated and can cause skin irritation in those who have sensitive skin. As mentioned, you can dilute these with Fractionated Coconut Oil if needed to help with the sensitivity. If you are pregnant or nursing you need to talk to your doctor before using Essential Oils. Keep out of reach of children and avoid contact with the eyes, inner ears, and other sensitive areas.
A therapeutic dose is considered 2 drops, so you can dilute 2 drops in 4 ounces of liquid, or just put the 2 drops on your tongue. If you are diluting in water or other liquids, make sure it is in a metal or glass cup, not a plastic cup.
When applying oils, if you are not using them for a specific skin irritation or imperfection, it is recommended that you apply the Essential Oils to the bottom of your feet. This is because the bottom of your feet have the largest pores in our bodies and help the oils go systemic in seconds.
When it comes to using and learning about Essential Oils, it is easy to become overwhelmed, that is why I decided to start with 5 Essential Oils that you should have in your collection. DōTerra has a kit with these 5 Essential Oils, plus 5 other oils, for a total of 10 oils, in addition to a diffuser. You will save the most money by purchasing this kit and it is the best value for your money.
If you want to purchase any of these oils or the kit, you can fill out this form to provide your name and address and choose what you want to purchase so Megan can send it to you! Make sure to follow her on Facebook to so you can keep up on all the latest Essential Oil news!
Have you ever used Essential Oils? Which ones are your favorite?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.