I am not a good cook, just ask my husband. I am a great baker, especially when it comes to cake. Cooking dinner though, not so much. I burn things, over season, under season, overcook, under cook and any other way I can possibly ruin something. I have to buy the foolproof meals that you just follow the directions.
When I made my own recipe today for crock pot pizza pasta, I was afraid it wouldn’t turn out good. When my husband ate it and the only thing he had to say was “it’s hot”, I knew it was good and I had a hit on my hands. I thought I would share it with you.
1 pound of ground beef
1 package of pepperoni
1 box rotini pasta
1 package Mozzarella Cheese
1 package Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 – 32 ounce jar of pasta sauce
- Boil pasta until tender and drain. Brown ground beef and drain.
- Put all the ground beef in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Put a thin layer of pasta sauce over the beef. Layer half the pepperoni and half of each cheese.
- Place all pasta on top of this and put the rest of the pasta sauce on top of the pasta.
- Layer the rest of the cheese and pepperoni on the very top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
I have one photo of the finished product, but unfortunately I forgot about it and didn’t get a picture until my family already dug in.
If you try it out, please let me know what you think!