If you have subscribed to my newsletter for the past few weeks you will know that I have been very busy over the past few weeks and I keep taking on more. Everytime I take something on I wonder how I will get it done, then I take on more, and still wonder how I will get it done. Then I learned that busy people are often more likely to accept new projects than those who are not busy.
Over the past few weeks, I have learned a lot about the saying “if you want something done, ask a busy person“.
- Busy people know how to manage their time. Time management is the only way I get anything done! Just to give you an idea of how busy I am, I work from home 40 hours a week and I work as a nurse at a hospital for 12-24 hours on the weekends, I also publish on my blog daily, I am working on writing another book, with more to come, I am working on writing some guest posts for other sites, I may be starting another blog with another blogger, I work out for 30-60 minutes every day, and I still have enough time to spend evenings with my family. If I didn’t know how to manage my time, I wouldn’t be able to do all this.
- Busy people are organized. Organization goes hand in hand with time management. Being organized makes sure I know where everything I need is to complete my job, be it papers, documents, or emails.
- Busy people don’t waste time. I don’t have time to sit on Facebook for an hour every day. Before I took on all of my projects I was bored and I would spend too much time on Facebook and Pinterest, but now I don’t have time to. If I am on social media it is because I have a reason to be there either for my job or my blog. I don’t have time to waste because if I do then I get behind on my projects.
- Busy people work more efficiently. You know how you get faster at doing something the more you do it? The same it true for busy people, only we tend to try to find faster, more efficient ways of doing something. We learn the best way search for something online so we only get relevant results, or how to clean more effectively so we have more time for other things.
- Busy people like being busy. I am busy because I like being busy. Sitting at home all day drives me crazy, you can only clean so much while your child is sleeping and I have a very independent child who doesn’t always want me to play with her. Being busy is my way of staying sane!
So, “if you want something done, ask a busy person” because chances are that it will get done!
Are you a busy person? Do you like being busy? Do you agree with the saying “if you want something done, ask a busy person”?