I don’t claim to be an expert. Honestly, I have had a failed blog so how could I claim that I am an expert in blogging? I have learned a lot from that failed blog though, and I have used that knowledge to make this blog even better. Seriously, this blog has performed better in its first month than my other blog did in 6 months!
When I decided to start another blog, I kept in contact with all those that loved my first blog, and found many more wonderful bloggers. Some of the bloggers I have recently found have just started blogging in the few months between shutting down my original blog and starting this one. Inevitably they have so many questions, and I love helping others, so I answer their questions. Unfortunately, when I started blogging, some bloggers were not as apt to share their knowledge, and if they did share, they wanted paid! I didn’t have the money to pay someone. So now when new bloggers come to me for advice or help, I am always willing to help, because after all we are all in this together, right?
I have found that many bloggers have the same questions though. How to start a blog, what to write about, how to design my blog, and so on. I have decided to start this series so that I don’t have to say the same thing over and over, I can just direct them to this (in time as I add posts).
Today’s post is just the introduction. I will have a list of topics I will cover at the end and add links to them as they are completed. If there is a topic you would like covered, or that you have a question about, just let me know. It may end up being a post on it’s own. I will run a new post in this series every Friday, until I run out of topics.
The list of topics to be covered (these are in no particular order. The ones closest to the top will be completed, just click on them for more information. The others are topics I will be covering at some point in time, but not in any particular order, I will cover the ones I have the most questions about first.):
- What to Do Before Starting A Blog
- How to Start a Blog
- Writing Great Content
- Setting Up and Using Social Media For Your Blog
- How to Promote Your Blog For Free
- The Pros and Cons of Getting Spam Comments (and more)
- Must Have WordPress Plugins
- Adding a Signature to Your Posts
- Creating Pinnable Images for your blog
- Changing Your Domain Name
- Coming Up With Great Content When You Are Out Of Ideas
- Why You Should Guest Post
- Photos You Can and Cannot Use
- Should You Accept Guest Posts?
- 11 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Blog Without Even Knowing It
- 7 Tips to Protect Your Blog from Hackers
- Settings You Need to Think About
- Blog Stats to Watch
- How to Improve Your Blog Stats