Everyone has things that drive them crazy. I know I have a few pet peeves and that is the next post in the Thirty Things About Me challenge. I thought I would talk about the 10 pet peeves I have.
- I hate being interrupted. One thing I hate the most is when I am talking and someone interrupts me. I think it is rude and inconsiderate.
- I can’t stand when my cat gets on my counters. I mean it’s where I cook my food and where we eat. She goes to the bathroom in the litter box then jumps on the counter. She has even been known to vomit on the counters. This is why my counters are always full of stuff, because it is the only way to keep her off of them. This is also why she may not be coming to our new house.
- My daughter has an obsession with putting her hands in her mouth, then rubbing the slobber all over everything. I can’t stand it because I think it is gross. I don’t know what the best way to keep her from doing it is, but I try to stop her as much as I can.
- When people chew with their mouths open it drives me crazy. I don’t want to see the chewed up food in their mouth or hear them chomping on their food.
- Being late, though since having my daughter I have sometimes had to make some adjustments. I have never understood the “fashionably late” mindset, I am actually almost always early because I hate waiting on people and making people wait for me.
- People who have no respect for others or who insist on taking up too much room. You know the people I am talking about, the people who cut in line or take up the entire aisle at the grocery store and they see you coming and don’t move.
- Online stores that charge shipping. I mean come one Amazon, you don’t have a physical store, so it’s not really fair that you charge shipping! If I could go to a physical store to save some money I would.
- Late night texts/phone calls. This is annoying especially from someone who can text you at any time during the day, then they decide at 11 PM to text or call and have a conversation. Seriously, you could have called 2 hours ago, I have a 2 year old, chances are I am in bed by 11 PM!
- When someone buys my daughter a toy that requires batteries, but then doesn’t supply the batteries. I am not talking about the toys that come with batteries, just the toys that say on them “batteries not included”. I mean come one, now my daughter wants to play with a toy and she can’t because I have to go buy some batteries. If you bought the batteries but accidentally forgot to put them with the toy that’s OK though, you are only human and at least you thought about it!
- Fast food workers who insist on making $15 an hour, but constantly screw up your order! This one is one of my biggest pet peeves. I mean come one people, I am a nurse and while I do make more than $15 an hour, if I screwed up as much as they do at fast food places, I would lose my job! Plus, if I can go flip burgers for $15 an hour, I will because it’s a lot less stressful, so keep that in mind when you need to go to the hospital next time and there are no nurses to take care of you or EMTs to pick you up in a squad. I get it, you can’t have a family on minimum wage, but I have 2 aunts who have worked at McDonalds all their lives and they both have kids, so while it’s not easy, you can do it, but flipping burgers shouldn’t be your dream job anyway! Sorry to rant on with this one!
Some of my pet peeves annoy me more than others, but we all have them.
What are some of your pet peeves? Are any the same as mine?
Check out the rest of the Thirty Things About Me Challenge.